- Invoicing standards
- Changes to Invoice Processing
- Suppliers must be set up in Workday before a requisition can be submitted
- Invoices will now come directly from suppliers to the Accounts Processing Team via the firstname.lastname@example.org email account
- Before invoices can be processed, vendors and users must adhere to the appropriate invoicing standards (e.g., ‘Billed to UBC’ must be present)
- The AP Team will handle invoices on a first come, first served basis
- The AP email address for receiving transactions is completely automated
- Either a valid Workday PO or a ‘requestor’ name is required on all invoices. Requestors must be faculty or staff
Travel claims are for expenses incurred during any trip that is off campus (including conference registration). Limit one trip per claim. Claims must be submitted up to 4 weeks after travel; claims submitted after 6 months will not be accepted.
Contractor assessment tool [PDF]
To be included for invoices submitted by individuals or honorariums.
* Save PDF to computer and open with Adobe Reader before editing.
Mileage and Per Diem Rates
Meal per diems
- Travellers may be reimbursed for the cost of meals either by submitting receipts for actual meal costs or by claiming meal per diems. Receipts are not required to claim a meal per diem.
- Travellers may claim a meal per diem for an entire day or partial day. Where a meal per diem is claimed no additional amount may be claimed for the same meals. Per diems may only be claimed where meals have actually been consumed. Per diems cannot be claimed where meals are already included, such as through conference fees, meetings, etc.
As of April 1, 2023 the following meal per diems rate apply:
|Maximum Rates (incl. tax and gratuities)
|USA & International (CAD)
Travel by private vehicle may be necessary to save time and/or costs. Reimbursement for costs are made to the driver only and are calculated by applying the mileage (km) rate to the actual driving distance while on UBC business, by the most direct route. The amount claimed should not exceed the full economy airfare.
Effective April 1, 2023, the maximum mileage/kilometer rate is 68¢/km for the first 5,000 km driven and 62¢/km driven after that.